Introduction

Welcome to my first blog post. Technically, this is not my first blog. But it will be the first one I have shared with the public. Does that make my other blog a journal? Something for me to ponder.

I want to motivate others going through the same tribulations as me to see how to inspire them. How can I be an inspiration to you? With my years of life and experience, there have been some excellent and not-so-good revelations and learning lessons. As well as, ooh-I-want-to-do-that-again.

My interests lie in fashion, health, beauty, lifestyle, and positive affirmations/quotes. I look to improve the quality of our world and those around me. We can learn from each other if we actually take the time to hear what others I am saying.

I am a dog mom.  Lucy and Sally were best friends and sisters from the same litter.  Sally was diagnosed with cancer and passed away not quite a year ago at age 8.  Lucy is now the only spoiled pup in the house.  I have a dream to save each and every pup and give them the life they deserve.

One of my favorite lines is "intent and interpretation." A friend said this to me when I was unhappy with someone and what was said to me. He said this line and then explained further. It really opened my eyes. I do make an attempt to remember this from day to day. This has helped me understand where the other person is coming from and where they are at that moment. Sometimes, what we hear is different from what is meant. Still, we interpret what we hear based on our prior experiences or what we are going through at that particular time. And when I try to get a point across or respond, I try to keep that in check. But there have been more than a handful of times my patience, or lack thereof, got the better of me, and the fuse was lit.

The reason for the intent and interpretation today is due to what is going on in our world. We only sometimes see or even get the whole picture. We have stopped listening.  

As I continue to write these blogs, I will divulge more about myself and the crazy stuff I've gone through in my life to inspire you.


Comments