Whoa!

I have a habit that can be misunderstood as rude or trying to one-up someone, but it's not my intention to be disrespectful or compete with others. I often remember a similar or identical experience when someone shares a story with me. To let them know that I understand what they're saying and that we have a shared experience, I sometimes share my own story, too. I've been trying to break this habit because it can come across as a form of one-upmanship, which bothers me. Although I've made some progress in avoiding this behavior, I can do better. If I do this to you, please understand I am working on it.


On to the Kate debate. Oh, lawd almighty. What is wrong with people? If someone tells me they will be away on medical and will return on or after Easter, that is what is happening. All these news agencies and many people have created a "whereiskate" hashtag. It is no one's business where she is, as it was already addressed three months ago. So you get a glimpse of her out and about being driven by someone else in a vehicle. Is she not allowed to visit a doctor? See a family member? Get out and see the world and be in the sunshine? Holy moly, lay off and worry about your own life.


I have noticed that I haven't been walking like I used to. I can't say precisely when or why, but I think it's because of Sally. It's unfair to Lucy, as she needs the walks (more than Sally), so we got Sally the stroller-carrier so she could still be with us while we walked. For a while, the heat was why I couldn't walk as much last summer, which is understandable. But now, there is no excuse, and I need to get out and start walking again. Walking is a healthy way to maintain good physical and mental health.


You know what? I am going to sign off and go for a walk. TTFN

Be happy, healthy, and safe!


Comments