A Beautiful Spring Day

Today has been absolutely amazing! The weather has been perfect, with clear blue skies, warm sunshine, a light and refreshing breeze, and low humidity. As someone living in Houston, this kind of weather is an absolute blessing, especially during springtime. I woke up feeling refreshed, as my husband Rob had taken Anna to school, giving me a chance to sleep in and enjoy a leisurely start to the day - something that doesn't happen often! I took an extra-long, hot shower and got ready for the day at my own pace before heading out to run some errands. The beautiful weather had a positive impact on everyone I met, as people seemed so much happier and friendlier than usual. It was nice to see everyone in such good spirits and not in a rush to get things done. My to-do list for the day was long, but I decided to take it easy. After all, it's important to take a break and relax once in a while, right? I even managed to find the perfect evening bag for Anna and gave her a pair of earrings to wear for her junior-senior prom this weekend. She's all set for the night now! As I reminisced about my own high school proms and Friday night dances, I couldn't help but notice how different today's dresses are from those in the early 80s. Nonetheless, the memories of those fun times still bring a smile to my face.

While I'm writing this, I'm already thinking of taking a nice, hot bath with Epsom salt, applying a facial mask, and then hitting the bed. Nothing wrong with this, right? While yesterday was filled with taking care of my mom, I'm happy to say that she was in a great mood all day, and we were able to spend some quality time together. It's always a blessing to have a good day with her. On a dreary note, I've gained six pounds recently. I've been eating poorly for about a month now, and my exercise regimen has been more of an afterthought than a priority. However, I'm determined to get back on track and start taking better care of myself. After all, we all have moments when we slip up with our fitness and health goals, and this is just one of those moments for me. All in all, it's been a great day, and I'm looking forward to what tomorrow brings!

Be happy, healthy and safe!

Comments