A frank conversation

Hey there, friends.

Can we talk for a minute? I’ve been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately, and I think some of you might be able to relate. Do you know those days when everything just felt like too much? Yeah, I've had quite a few of those recently.

Let’s start with anxiety. It’s like this constant buzz in the background, making my heart race and my thoughts spin. I lie in bed at night, staring at the ceiling, my mind running through all the "what ifs" and "maybes." It’s exhausting. Have you ever felt like that? Like you can't switch off, no matter how hard you try?

Then there's this feeling of being overwhelmed. Every day starts with a flood of notifications—emails, messages, reminders. Before I've even had my morning coffee, I'm already drowning. This endless to-do list never seems to shrink, only grow. Do you ever feel like you’re just one step behind all the time?

And the fatigue. Oh, the fatigue. It’s not just being tired. It’s this deep, bone-weary exhaustion that no amount of sleep seems to fix. Simple tasks feel monumental. Sometimes, I feel like I'm moving through molasses. I need rest, but real rest feels like a distant dream. Can you relate to that? That feeling of never truly catching up?

And then, there are those days when I just feel down. Sometimes there’s a reason, but sometimes there isn’t. This heavy cloud settles over everything, making even the things I usually enjoy feel distant and dull. People say things like “cheer up” or “look on the bright side,” but it’s not that simple, is it? Do you know what I mean?


So, what do we do? How do we get through these tough days?

I think it starts with accepting that it's okay to feel this way. Life isn’t always Instagram-perfect, life’s messy and complicated, and sometimes it's really hard. Giving ourselves permission to feel without judgment is so important. We’re not weak for feeling anxious or overwhelmed; we’re human.

And connection—that’s huge. Just talking about it helps, as does reaching out to friends, family, or even a professional. Sometimes, just voicing what’s going on inside can lighten the load. We’re not alone, even when it feels like it.

Let's not forget self-compassion. We need to be kind to ourselves. It’s easy to be hard on ourselves and think we should handle things better. But sometimes, the most powerful thing we can do is cut ourselves slack. Take a deep breath. Do something small that brings comfort, like walking, reading a book, or just being still.


These feelings are part of the journey. They don’t define us, but they are a part of us. By sharing them, we find strength, resilience, and a way forward, one step at a time.

So, remember, it’s okay to not be okay. We’re in this together. Let’s keep talking, sharing, and supporting each other through the highs and lows.

Take care and be kind to yourself. We’ll get through this.

Until next time.

Be happy, healthy and safe!

*Photos by Canva

Comments