Surviving the Fourth

and Tackling Life's Little Challenges

Happy July 5th, everyone! We made it through the Fourth safe and sound, and what a relief that is. We have a unique way of celebrating this patriotic holiday—no fireworks for us, thank you very much. They don't sit well with Rob and Lucy. Instead, we opt for a quieter, more serene approach to the festivities.


Fireworks-Free Fourth

Lucy had a couple of doses of CBD for dogs, which worked wonders for her anxiety. She handled the evening like a champ. And Rob, well, he surprised us all by dealing with the fireworks much better this year. Progress, right?


A Swollen Start

I woke up this morning with swollen glands, likely due to mowing my mom's lawn and ours this past Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it’s nothing serious and passes quickly. Meanwhile, I'm keeping a close eye on it and staying hydrated.

Closet Overhaul

It's that time of year again to clean and reorganize my closet. I did this last summer, and it felt amazing to have everything in order. But now, with all the new clothes and shoes I've accumulated, it's time for another round. It's a mess, and I can't wait to get it all sorted out.

Storage Bin Shuffle

My dining room has been taken over by storage bins that must make their way to the attic. The attic, however, is a disaster zone itself. I'll also brave the heat, turn on the air, and tackle that space. Wish me luck!

Culinary Adventures

On the menu today or tomorrow: a delicious steak and mashed potatoes. The picture looks mouthwatering, and I hope it’s as easy to make as it appears. There's nothing like a good meal to lift your spirits and make the day feel special.

Fitness Focus

I've been slacking on my exercise routine lately and need to get back on track. Restarting my planking and walking sessions is a priority. If walking isn't an option, adding weights to my routine after planking could be a good alternative. It's something I'm seriously considering.

Good Reads

I've been "reading" a lot of audiobooks, mostly psychological thrillers. This week, I'm listening to The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton. So far, it's good, but my last book, The Secrets We Left Behind by Susan Elliot Wright, was amazing! I hope they make it into a movie one day. Reading has become part of my self-care and wellness routine, and I've been successful in sticking to it 99% of the time.

Final Thoughts

Despite the challenges and tasks ahead, I'm feeling optimistic. The Fourth of July was a success in our own unique way, and now it’s time to focus on the little things that make life smoother and more enjoyable. Whether organizing the closet, tackling the attic, or whipping up a fantastic meal, there's always something to keep us busy and engaged.

Here's to a productive and fulfilling post-Fourth of July! Let's enthusiastically tackle our to-do lists and make the most of each day.

Be happy, healthy and safe!



Comments

  1. Love a good closet clean out!! Did you make any drastic changes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment